This blog is now archived. View blogs for the HBOS Graduate Schemes 2009


Tuesday 11 September 2007

I'm writing this today from Edinburgh – my 'base' is West Yorkshire, specifically Halifax at the moment although I have worked at most of our other sites in and around West Yorkshire.


In my current role I get to travel relatively occasionally which adds variety to the job - later this week I'll be in London to meet with one of our suppliers who are working on the project I am involved it so it’s a busy week.


The IT Leadership scheme is structured through a series of placements of which there is a fair degree of flexibility in choosing what you want to do, aligned to your development requirements.


For instance, generally each placement will be in a different area of IT, doing a different type of work and with added responsibility.


I find this is one of the best aspects of the scheme – the variety offered by undertaking different placements and roles is beneficial in building my experience and offering fresh challenges. You also build a network of contacts and friends throughout the organisation – especially helpful when you need a favour or know the right person to speak to!


The Retail IT department is so large and is involved in so many different areas that it's no problem finding something different and new.

No comments: