This blog is now archived. View blogs for the HBOS Graduate Schemes 2009


Friday 26 October 2007

What I've achieved this week…

I thought I would focus this blog around what I've done over the last week:

*Operations handover – spent a long session discussing how the system works, handover plans, warranty periods and support models. I work in an area that delivers new software and the operations guys then keep it running. It's an important part of the project that I manage the relationship with operations and ensure they are happy with what we are delivering.

* Disaster Recovery testing – co-ordinated the testing of our 'DR' solution to ensure that if something went wrong with our primary server we have a 'back-up' for our business users that can be brought online immediately

* Started work on the project implementation plan – sounds dull but its actually quite interesting to plan out how we put a key system live without affecting anything else in the bank - co-ordinated across multiple sites across the UK!

* Went to Alton Towers with my department as part of an away day - and went on all the scary rides!

Probably doesn't sound a lot but I am trying to pick out the key themes in just one week. On top of the preparation for these tasks and the number of other activities that can be carried forward or up coming it can add up to a busy week.

No comments: